Post-summer beauty restoration #1
Summer freedom comes at a cost. The cost being compromised skin.
This is unacceptable for a Real Queen of Stuff hence special measures are in place to regain polished looks.
#1 issue to tackle: Dehydration.
Cue: 7 skins.
What even is 7 skins, you may ask. A Korean beauty trend, supposed to promote ultimate hydration. The premise is that you use 7 layers of toner, instead of one and this way you supercharge your skin with moisture. For some reason it is suddenly all over the place and obviously I would try it.
How you do it:
After cleansing your face pour a few drops of toner on your palms and (mindfully) pat your face until they absorb. Immediately follow with the rest of the layers. Lock in the moisture by applying an oil or cream afterwards.
- Your toner of choice should contain no alcohol, no acids (duh) and preferably no parabens and other bad stuff.
- You can mix it up. Use different toners / use a toner & an essence or mist and reap more benefits while at it.
- If it all sounds too much you can do 5 layers or even as little as 3 to begin with and work your way up. Or not.
Yes, it does work. It feels like a liquid moisture bomb, plumps the skin up and leaves it bouncy and elastic – I daresay it feels “young”. It is a bit more product and a bit more time but seems to be worth it for the boost it offers. Why not give it a try if you need to level up your moisture game?
I am sold for doing it 2-3 times a week.
The most popular toners to use are -surprise- Korean and not necessarily available at a store near you. Here are some recommendations:
- Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner – This one seems to be everyone’s go-to product for 7 skins. Get it here.
- Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Facial Toner – another Korean favourite with a cult following. Get it here.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner – the Kiehl’s best seller is a closer to home choice. Get it here.
- Anything you can get your hands on that is non-alcoholic & without strong actives
- Plain rosewater however will do just fine and you can find it at your local pharmacy
Have fun hydrating.